Recipe: Hummus Packin’ Heat
Hot Pepper Spiced Hummus
Do your best not to double dip when enjoying this tasty, spicy hummus recipe. Libbie’s Hummus Packin’ Heat, featuring our Pappy hot sauce, is great to serve at your next summer picnic or block party. Try it with fresh garden veggies, pita bread pieces or your favorite crackers.
Libbie Summers, artistic director of her own lifestyle brand, “A Food-Inspired Life,” and Pappy & Company have partnered up again to bring you a series of recipes inspired by our Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrel-aged Pepper Sauce. Take your veggies for a spicy dip, then check out the rest of Libbie’s delicious spicy summer soiree menu.
A Must-have Spicy Hummus Dip
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- 2 tablespoon Pappy & Company Barrel-Aged Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice from half a lemon
- Kosher or flake sea salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Garden vegetables for dipping
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with vegetables, your favorite crackers, or pieces of pita bread.
Recipe by Libbie Summers and photography by Jade and Matthew Take Pictures